PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to SMF!

Simple Machines
22nd September 2008, 06:19 PM
Welcome to Simple Machines Forum!

We hope you enjoy using your forum. If you have any problems, please feel free to ask us for assistance (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php).

Thanks!
Simple Machines

Han2
5th October 2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe I cannot find it but who's running /owning this forum? It would be good to add a name or a face to this forum.
Just my 2 sen....

JulianC
10th October 2008, 11:53 AM
http://tindakmalaysia.com/tm_forums2008/index.php/topic,23.0.html

imported_admin
10th October 2008, 06:22 PM
It's great to see so many people coming in here to post their thoughts. Please keep posting.

This is a new forum and while the initial idea was to have a webpage and all sorts of stuff on this site, we decided to soft launch the forum site first. We want to hear your thoughts. Remember this is a site to educate, empower, mobilise and ACT!

We will have a home page eventually, but as some us are still part of the Rat Race, it will be a work in progress for now. There will be something new added soon that is part of our exciting webpage that is going make things even more hot in here...

MR

racheljansz
11th October 2008, 12:47 PM
It's great to see so many people coming in here to post their thoughts. Please keep posting.

This is a new forum and while the initial idea was to have a webpage and all sorts of stuff on this site, we decided to soft launch the forum site first. We want to hear your thoughts. Remember this is a site to educate, empower, mobilise and ACT!The last two words sounds so foreboding, and may discourage some people from participating.
I do not think it is admin intention to be USJ competitor but having some 'cari makan', 'DIY', and a few 'Micro e-Communities' section could entice greater participation especially those staying in Kelana Jaya.
Moreover, this could be the beginning of Kelana Jaya and other forum?

Han2
11th October 2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with what racheljanz mentioned about adding on Cari Makan, Chatterbox and also a section for the forumers to participate in games like the 3-word game etc. Instead of strictly politics, which should remain its focus, this forum can appeal to a wider community participation by adding on those threads just mentioned. :)

H.S. Seah
11th October 2008, 08:06 PM
Looks like most members are from usj.com. Any bananas given here.

racheljansz
11th October 2008, 10:44 PM
Looks like most members are from usj.com. Any bananas given here.
Don't know but I still have mine.

pywong
11th October 2008, 11:50 PM
to educate, empower, mobilise and ACT!The last two words sounds so foreboding, and may discourage some people from participating.
I do not think it is admin intention to be USJ competitor but having some 'cari makan', 'DIY', and a few 'Micro e-Communities' section could entice greater participation especially those staying in Kelana Jaya.
Moreover, this could be the beginning of Kelana Jaya and other forum?

Rachel, our motto "educate, empower, mobilise and ACT!" is like a buffet. Just choose the dishes that suit you. The ACT part is very important for us. Our name suggests that - TINDAK. But just do whatever is comfortable for you.

It is definitely not our intention to compete with USJ.COM.MY. They are the pioneers and have done a wonderful job so far. I have a lot of respect for the people who set it up. With respect to the excellent suggestions on 'cari makan', 'DIY', and a few 'Micro e-Communities', let's leave it for a while first.

Right now, our webmaster is busy setting up the webpage and getting ready to launch a new feature - e-Aduan. We are very excited about it as it will be the prelude to MPSJ-watch. We will use Kelana Jaya as the test-bed to stress-test the program before rolling it state-wide. We hope to make an appointment with Ronnie Liu next week to demo it to him. There are lots of goodies there to help the Exco monitor the local councils. But the primary objective is to help the ordinary people, especially those who are not so literate, make appeals and complaints to the govt simply and quickly.

Our focus is on Politics, Finance/Economics and civil society but we do not close the door to other forum and if there are volunteers to moderate it, we will welcome their participation.

Eg. If Rachel could agree to be the moderator for 'cari makan', 'DIY', and a few 'Micro e-Communities' section, I think I could discuss with our webmaster to accommodate that.

rocky
12th October 2008, 02:40 PM
pywong,

well done on the new forum. and I agree let this website take its own course and evolve as the members see fit. No need to copy others.Thanks to start a new venue for people to get together and speak without fear or favour. ;)

pywong
12th October 2008, 05:59 PM
Rocky,

That's right. This forum is for the people, of the people and by the people. So we will consider very carefully the views of the members in setting up the criteria for moderating this site. Sometimes, we may make mistakes but rest assured that it is done without malice.

aepal
12th October 2008, 10:57 PM
I just got into tindakmalaysia.com earlier today and registered. Congratulations guys on the setting up of this FORUM!!!
It is a good source of news and information apart from being a platform for viewpoints and ideas (hopefully proactive).
In Malaysia we have a great country, IF IT IS ALLOWED TO BE. Malaysia is so full of potential and resources that properly administered, it could hold its head up high in the world community.
Unity, Tolerance, Understanding and Goodwill among its colourful population coupled with a Well-directed and Just Adminstration can make Malaysia a country to be respected and admired.
So Malaysians, let your IDEAS flow and then let's ACT on the good ones.
Let us also bear in mind ALWAYS, to have in place a system of CHECK and BALANCE in the running of this beautiful country.

jimmyay
13th December 2008, 05:21 PM
Syabas to tindakmalaysia forum.

How to look for the history posting for the past 1 day or so? Then we will be more efficient at looking at the current urgent topic. We don't need to keep on repeating looking at the same thing.

pywong
13th December 2008, 09:44 PM
Syabas to tindakmalaysia forum.

How to look for the history posting for the past 1 day or so? Then we will be more efficient at looking at the current urgent topic. We don't need to keep on repeating looking at the same thing.

Go to Home Page. Under Forum Stats, click this "View the most recent posts on the forum." Maybe it can help