Thread: Letter from China

Letter from China

I was in China from 13th Sept to 12th Oct 09 with my son, Daniel. For the 1st part, my 2 daughters, Belinda and Felicia, came along as well on the package tour to Tibet plus a few days in Beijing.

The 2nd part was on a free-and-easy basis where we just went where our fancy took us. Mainly, it was on a back-packing basis but we paid a bit more to stay in more comfortable premises.

For the non-package tour portion, it cost us overall about RM 150 per day per person, which included some minimal shopping. This does not take into account the Tibet package which was slightly more than RM 5k per head. I originally budgetted for RM 200 per day per person so we had a bit left over upon our return. But it's now gone with the wind. My wife grabbed it.

Over the next few postings I will be writing about my observations here, mainly how it relates to the Rat Race system and post a few photos as well. I will also try to persuade my children to contribute to this thread as well.

Cities visited:

Beijing: 9 days
    Tianjing: 2 days
    Shijiachuang: 1 day
    Xi'an: 8 days

Package tour: RM 5k/head.

Xining: 2 days
    Lhasa: 5 days
    Train from Xining to Lhasa: 1 day.

Here's an article about the fast train that we took from Beijing to Tianjing. It was fast, about 210 kph. It is similar to the train that we took from Xining to Lhasa (25 hours) although it was not as fast, maybe 150 kph. China's quest to build the Beijing-Shanghai bullet train.
    py

Re: Letter from China

China's quest to build the Beijing-Shanghai bullet train. << Bad link. Guess the brain haven't left Beautiful Tibet.

Re: Letter from China

Quote Originally Posted by racheljansz
    China's quest to build the Beijing-Shanghai bullet train. << Bad link. Guess the brain haven't left Beautiful Tibet.

Sorry, it seems to require a gmail account before allowing one to download the file. I will try to locate the weblink..

Meanwhile, some discussion on China's High Speed Train here
    py

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog