Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best of the Best Nasi Kandar

The Best of the Best Nasi Kandar

Today is one day I will feel guilty at least for a week. I have passed by this Nasi Kandar shop like several times a week each time I am in town (Georgetown) but today, I cannot control so here was my lunch a few hours ago :

It looks messy right? But very yummy, I didn't move until an hour later.

My dessert was this taufoo fa in gula melaka from a stall nearby, not part of the Nasi Kandar shop, but they can serve you in the shop. Taufoo fa in Penang are served with either gula melaka or if you prefer the normal white sugar syrup but most Penangites swear by the gula melaka.

I had it at the Line Clear Nasi Kandar place in Georgetown, known for its really yummy Nasi Kandar. Cost me about RM9 including the taufoo fa (RM1.30) so the Nasi Kandar plus 1 air limau ais was RM7.70.

Some already start their kids on nasi kandar early... I could see this was probably his first time here with his Dad as he looked around at a loss not knowing whats going on and what his lunch would be like. Not to worry, satu kali makan Line Clear, he will be a fan for a long time.

Okay, going for a jog now to rid the guilt feelings....
    "The only thing necessary for evil to trumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Re: The Best of the Best Nasi Kandar

Quote Originally Posted by Han2
    so the Nasi Kandar plus 1 air limau ais was RM7.70.
    Sorry but is that chicken leg plus 2 veg?
    I couldn't make out the black stuff.

BTW which other NK shop in that area have you tried?
    Further down Chulia St near Little India, Kaptain's tomato rice is no bad.

In Little India at corner of Market St & Queen St there is a cart that sell good Chicken samosa.
    Do eat it when hot.

Yup, one big chicken drumstick in black curry, cabbage and fish curry... yummy!

There is one next to UMNO building along MacAlister which is actually a branch of Pelita at Chai Leng Park and Samudra from Bukit Mertajam, not so good as the two original ones but I think its rated second or third to Line Clear. I think they call it Merdeka or something... trying it next Sunday, let you know.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to trumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

There is one next to UMNO building along MacAlister which is actually a branch of Pelita at Chai Leng Park and Samudra from Bukit Mertajam, not so good as the two original ones but I think its rated second or third to Line Clear. I think they call it Merdeka or something... trying it next Sunday, let you know.
    Ha ha ha .... when I say "in that area", I meant around that Little India area la.
    Anyway, this morning wanted to ta'pau Ayam Ros and Goose from Tajuddin in Queen St, too bad they were closed.
    End up in Line Clear, take away curry beef, curry fish, mamak curry chicken, sweet curry chicken(2 portions), fried long beans, a packet of poppadoms for RM16.
    Good enough for Sunday Family Lunch.
    Just need to cook some rice and fried egg omlette with onion.

How about nasi kandar in Klang Valley? Anybody want to share experience?

So far the best in my opinion is Zainol Nasi Kandar in PJ. It's in an MBPJ building on the same road with the 24-hr A&W on one end and Kelab PJ in the middle. The MBPJ building is on the other end of the road. I drool at the mere thought of the magical black sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by racheljansz

Ha ha ha .... when I say "in that area", I meant around that Little India area la.
    Anyway, this morning wanted to ta'pau Ayam Ros and Goose from Tajuddin in Queen St, too bad they were closed.
    End up in Line Clear, take away curry beef, curry fish, mamak curry chicken, sweet curry chicken(2 portions), fried long beans, a packet of poppadoms for RM16.
    Good enough for Sunday Family Lunch.
    Just need to cook some rice and fried egg omlette with onion.
    Wow... thats a big lunch or is it a big family? LOL!

One of the best Nasi Kandar is served at this small roadside stall in Dato' Keramat area, next to the Police Station. It only opens at night. Best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertMoon
    One of the best Nasi Kandar is served at this small roadside stall in Dato' Keramat area, next to the Police Station. It only opens at night. Best!!!!
    Dato Kramat in KL or Dato Kramat in Penang (Georgetown)? Pls lah be specific.

Sorry larrrrr ..... in Penang. Since everyone talking about Penang so far.

i like line clear as well. not too far away on campbell street is hamidah (not sure of spelling). very good briyani too.

couple of years ago, there was nasi dalcha tasha near bayan lepas airport. the queue starts at 6am, usually 2 lines of 10 people each, until 9-10pm.

indulgences like this have to keep to a minimum though, or have to "work it out" of the system.

bg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

nasikandar1957

best nasi kandar in melaka

best nasi kandar georgetown

nasi kandar 1957

nasi kandar best

best nasi kandar klang valley

melaka nasi kandar

hamidah nasi kandar

nasi kandar bayan baru

nasi kandar in klang valley

best nasi kandar in klang valley

nasi kandar klangbest nasi kandar in petaling jayabest nasi kandar in Georgetownnasikandar1957 facebookbest nasi kandar in malacca nasi kandar in malaccanasi kandar hamidah penangtasha dhal kandarbest nasi kandar in bukit mertajambest nasi kandar in penangNASI KANDAR 1957 YOUTUBEnasi kandar dato keramat penangnasi kandar bukit mertajampenang best nasi kandar
SEO Blog