Thread: Inflation: NIA's Top 10 Answers

Inflation: NIA's Top 10 Answers

Here is a list of NIA's top 10 most important new NIAnswers that we recently added into our database:

1) I am feeling a little worried about the huge drop in silver after it hit a new all time high of nearly $50 per ounce. What do you think is causing it?
    We never expected silver to rise to almost $50 per ounce so quickly. Silver simply rose too far too fast and was due for a correction. The correction appears to be almost over with silver showing signs of forming a strong support level. After silver nearly hit $50 per ounce, the CME rose margin requirements substantially. This caused a forced liquidation of hedge funds that were buying silver using leverage. The CME's actions were pure manipulation and done to help their banker friends at JP Morgan who were short 122.5 million ounces of silver. This same thing happened in 1980 after silver first hit $49.45 per ounce and it was later proven that 9 of the 23 COMEX board members were short 38 million ounces of silver. JP Morgan is losing billions of dollars on their short position and without the CME's actions, JP Morgan would have been forced to cover its short position, which would have sent silver to $100 per ounce in just weeks. NIA is pleased that the new Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange will end the COMEX monopoly and make them a lot less likely to manipulate precious metals prices in the future.

NIA is 99.9% sure silver will rise well above $100 per ounce this decade. Based on the current price of gold, a return in the gold/silver ratio to 16 would mean a silver price of $94 per ounce, but we are sure gold will rise many times higher than its current level of $1,508.90 per ounce. In NIA's opinion, the currency crisis won't be over until the Dow Jones/gold ratio returns to 1. The Dow Jones is currently 12,512. Even if gold meets the Dow Jones mid-way at 7,010, it would mean $438 per ounce silver based on a gold/silver ratio of 16.

2) Do you feel now is a good time to trade a good portion of gold for silver?

Yes, with the gold/silver ratio back up to 43, those who exchange their gold for silver now will at a very minimum see their purchasing power increase by 2.6875 times during the next 2 to 3 years if NIA is right and the gold/silver ratio declines to 16 or lower. Silver has dipped enough where we now feel comfortable to start buying it once again using money that we currently have in gold. We are very happy that silver has dipped, because the more time NIA members have to accumulate cheap silver, the more wealth NIA members will gain when hyperinflation hits the U.S.

3) What if Bernanke decides to raise interest rates so high that hyperinflation can be avoided? What happens to silver then?

If Bernanke rose interest rates to let's say 20%, the interest payments on our national debt will soar to approximately $2 trillion per year. Instead of a $1.645 trillion budget deficit we will have a $3.44 trillion budget deficit. The U.S. government will only be able to fund the deficit by having the Fed print the money to buy U.S. treasuries, which would cause hyperinflation. Bernanke is in a very bad position. Even raising interest rates dramatically won't prevent hyperinflation at this point. In NIA's opinion, silver will rise over the long-term no matter what Bernanke does.

Silver may have dipped after reaching a new all time nominal high of near $50 per ounce a few weeks ago, but adjusted for real inflation, when silver hit $49.45 per ounce in 1980 that would equal about $400 per ounce in today's dollars. Silver has not seen its high, we can promise you that. This is a buying opportunity that won't last for long.

4) Would it be more profitable now to buy silver mining shares rather than silver metal?

When silver broke $40 per ounce and made a move to almost $50 per ounce, silver stocks did not make any gains during that $10 rise in silver. It is almost as if the stocks knew silver was running too far too fast and would need to correct. From their highs on April 28th to their closing prices last week, physical silver has declined 29% while silver stocks have only declined 18%. Silver stocks appear to be at a bottom and when the price of physical silver begins to rebound, we believe silver stocks will likely rise 2 to 3 times faster, with a select few small-cap silver stocks rising 4 to 5 times faster than the silver bullion itself.

It is always safer to buy physical silver because mining shares have many different factors affecting them, such as geopolitical risks and the experience of management. However, if you do your homework and spend a lot of time researching silver stocks, there is a lot more money to be made owning the right silver stocks than owning physical silver. Just keep in mind that not all silver stocks will be winners. Some silver mining companies will fail and eventually go out of business.

5) What do you think of the leveraged silver ETF, ProShares Ultra Silver?

ProShares Ultra Silver is designed to make double the daily gains or losses of silver. Silver prices are volatile enough as it is and this ETF isn't suitable for most investors. What especially makes it risky is that leveraged ETFs decay over time. At the end of 2010, ProShares Ultra Silver closed at $158.59 and the regular silver ETF closed at $30.18. Today, the regular silver ETF is $34.18 up 13%, but ProShares Ultra Silver is only $171.94 up just 8%. Therefore, while this leveraged silver ETF may double the regular silver ETF's gains on a daily basis, over longer periods of time the leveraged ETF decays and may not perform as well. ProShares Ultra Silver is only good as a short-term trading vehicle for experienced risk tolerant investors.

6) Will I be able to use my gold and silver coins as money instead of it being taxed as a commodity?

NIA will be supporting Ron Paul for President in the 2012 election, because he will eliminate all taxes on gold and silver. When gold and silver prices go up, it isn't the value of gold and silver that is increasing, but it is the U.S. dollar that is losing its purchasing power. Almost nobody in Washington wants to end taxes on precious metals, because it forces people to continue using U.S. dollars as money.

When Americans eventually abandon the U.S. dollar, politicians won't be able to have the Fed print the money to fund their deficit spending, because the dollar won't have any purchasing power. The U.S. Constitution states that only gold and silver shall be used as legal tender. NIA believes that fiat U.S. dollars are unconstitutional and we must move back to sound money if our country is going to survive as an industrialized nation. However, don't let taxes persuade you not to purchase gold and silver. When hyperinflation arrives, taxes won't matter because you will be able to sell an old pair of tennis shoes to pay off your entire tax bill. During hyperinflation, the government will fund more than 99% of its spending by printing money and less than 1% through taxation.

7) So reading between the lines in the new Senate bill to adjust the 401K, is this the start of the government trying to control these funds like they stole gold from the population back in the 1930s?

The new Senate bill is the government's attempt to stop Americans from borrowing against their 401K so that less Americans are able to buy gold and silver. NIA has countless members who tell us they are borrowing against their 401K in order to buy gold and silver. This is allowing them to protect their 401K money from hyperinflation, because their 401K doesn't give them the option to invest into gold and silver. 401Ks usually only give Americans very limited investment options, which almost always include U.S. treasuries. This is something the government is OK with because it helps fund their deficit spending.

By Americans borrowing against their 401Ks and buying gold and silver, they are betting against the U.S. dollar and the government wants to prevent this. By forcing Americans to invest into U.S. government bonds and not giving them the opportunity to use their savings to buy gold and silver, they are able to steal the purchasing power of Americans through inflation. If everybody was able to buy gold and silver with their 401K money, the U.S. dollar would immediately collapse and the government would have no way of funding its budget deficits.

Since the U.S. has reached its debt ceiling, will hyperinflation occur soon after August if Congress does not raise the debt ceiling and the government is forced to default on its debts?

By the government claiming it will default on its debts to foreigners if they aren't able to borrow more and get more deeply into debt, it is admitting to running a ponzi scheme. The debt ceiling will be raised and even if it wasn't, it doesn't mean the U.S. will have to default on its debts. With our current record low interest rates, the U.S. certainly has enough tax revenues to continue making payments on its debts if it made major cuts in other areas of the budget. If the U.S. did default on its debts, that itself wouldn't cause hyperinflation. What will cause hyperinflation is if we continue printing the money to pay back our debts, which is what NIA is deeply concerned about.

9) I was a supporter of Ron Paul, but was horrified by his comments that he thinks it's a good idea for the U.S. to sell its gold. Some day the U.S. may need its gold to go back on a gold standard. What are your thoughts?

We believe Ron Paul is only saying this because he doesn't believe our gold reserves actually exist at Fort Knox. The last real audit of our gold reserves took place in 1954. In the audit that supposedly took place in 2005, KPMG LLP only audited the mint's fiscal year 2005 financial statements and never saw any physical gold or even went to Fort Knox.

By suggesting we sell our gold reserves to help pay off our national debt, we feel Ron Paul is only trying to get Congress talking about our gold reserves. He wants to make it a mainstream political issue so that the public demands an audit of Fort Knox and our nation's gold reserves. NIA agrees with Ron Paul that we need to audit our gold reserves and find out if the gold we are supposed to have really still exists.

If in 1971 the U.S. government was forced to admit that it couldn't pay the gold it owed to foreigners and defaulted on its gold obligations by ending the gold standard, NIA believes the odds are that our gold reserves either no longer exist or have been compromised in some way. NIA does not support selling our gold reserves and we don't think Ron Paul truly does either. Don't worry, if Ron Paul says that he supports selling our gold reserves, the rest of Congress will automatically want to do the opposite.

10) I would like to gain more knowledge financially. Where should I start? What should I do to gain more advanced knowledge?

The way NIA's co-founders became economic and stock market experts was from a very young age, reading the SEC filings of publicly traded companies. Every single day, they would read the latest annual report called a 10-K of a company they were interested in and had knowledge about.

NIA's co-founders started to do this when they were just kids. They would read the 10-Ks of companies that produced video games, action figures, or other items that they bought as kids. It is amazing just how much financial knowledge you pick up this way. If you don't understand some of the terminology contained inside of a 10-K, then simply go to http://investopedia.com and look up the word in their glossary.

For somebody who is starting from scratch or already has basic financial knowledge and wants to become an expert on the stock market, these simple steps are by far the best way to go. You will learn a lot more this way than by going to any college. If this is something you are truly interested in and have a passion for, you will have a lot of fun and enjoy doing it.

We suggest picking a different company each day from our stock suggestion page and if it is an American company, reading its annual report by going to http://sec.gov and clicking on "Search for Company Filings" and searching for the company's name and pulling up their latest 10-K. If it is a Canadian based company on the TSX you will need to go to http://sedar.com and search for its annual report there.

NIA is not an investment advisor. NIA's NIAnswers are meant for informational and educational purposes only. Never make investment decisions based on any information contained in any of NIA's NIAnswers. Just because many of NIA's previous economic predictions and forecasts were accurate, doesn't mean NIA's future economic predictions and forecasts will be accurate. All of NIA's predictions and forecasts could turn out to be completely wrong.

It is important to spread the word about NIA to as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, if you want America to survive hyperinflation. Please tell everybody you know to become members of NIA for free immediately at: http://inflation.us
    py

This is a warning from Peter Schiff.

Beware the NIA Penny Stock Pump & Dump
    py

A counter to Peter Schiff's warning:

THE NIA VS. PETER SCHIFF!

Andy Hoffman

After my long rant last night, I intended to take the weekend off from writing.

However, something I saw last night angered me AS MUCH AS the Gold Cartel, AS MUCH AS the corrupt Washington politicians and New York bankers combined, and ASM MUCH AS anything I have dealt with in the business world. And it ties in perfectly with my topics of the past two weeks, namely TRAITOROUS attacks by so-called “good guys” in the gold army. Sometimes these people have ulterior motives for betraying the trust of their readers and subscribers (nearly always PROFIT), some are self-righteous jerks just looking for PUBLICITY (and consequently, PROFIT), and some people are just mean-spirited, selfish phonies.

Believe me, in my nine years of following Precious Metals, I have heard and read from EVERYONE even remotely associated with the sector, be they executives, analysts, newsletter writers, blog posters, and bankers. I KNOW who the good guys are, and I KNOW the bad ones. And frankly, it doesn’t take too long to spot which team someone is on.

I like to believe my greatest assets are compassion for others, willingness to hear both sides of the story, and insistence on reserving judgment until all evidence is presented. I make no bones about why I write these commentaries (for five years running now), and that is to HELP people to help themselves. I am not trying to sell anyone anything, and never will. I simply aim to present the FACTS regarding my topics, and let readers draw their own conclusions. My only goal, thus, is to EDUCATE Americans about the horrific economic situation we are facing, and subsequently the alternatives they have to PROTECT THEMSELVES from the lies, the propaganda, and ultimately the hyperinflation that is INEVITABLE thanks to the evil, self-serving monsters in Washington and on Wall Street that want to steal everything you have while there is still something left to steal.

As I discussed in last week’s rant, “Unity in Common Sense”, there is NOTHING that angers me more than TURNCOATS within our own camp, which is why I am enraged at the vile, despicable video released yesterday by Peter Schiff about the NIA, or National Inflation Association. In today’s America, invective like this usually gets ignored, or more likely, in this case picked up by mainstream media in their efforts to disparage any group that speaks the TRUTH about what is going on in America. But Peter Schiff has been on my radar for a long time, and I am not going to let him get away with what he did.

First, a few words on the NIA, whose website is www.inflation.us. About a year ago, I came across one of their wonderful videos, “Debt Slave”, describing how America is drowning in debt and unable to escape it. I found it to be one of the best produced, most informative pieces of work in the sector in many years. The NIA, which costs absolutely ZERO to join, has since released some of the best work I have ever come across, which can be found chronologically at http://inflation.us/videos.html. Very few people in the REAL MONEY camp consistently put out informative, non-biased information to HELP people, and even fewer do it for free. Jim Sinclair is the only one I can think of that does it for free, although frankly Bill Murphy’s GATA site is so inexpensive that in my mind, it is essentially free.

I even got to know one of the people within the NIA organization, whom in my mind is as solid a citizen as you will find, one of us, whose primary goal, too, is to HELP people to help themselves. His work within the organization further supported my view that the NIA is one of the good guys, possibly too good given how large and supportive its subscriber base has become. And what I mean by this is that people listen to what they say, perhaps even some people that know little about financial markets.

Here’s what I’m saying:

Since its inception in 2009, the NIA has given out free stock recommendations to its subscriber base, mostly in Precious Metals but also other commodities it expects to perform strongly during hyperinflation, in accordance with the organization’s Mission Statement. When I first saw one of these recommendations (for a junior mining stock), I was a bit leery, as I didn’t like mixing the public service nature of the website with the promotion of speculative stocks, particularly as so many subscribers are not keen to the dangers of such investments. It appears they made the proper disclaimers about these recommendations, and anyone (like myself) with a background in small and micro-cap stocks would certainly know what they were getting into if they chose to invest. Not to mention, as noted earlier the NIA has a vast audience, so most of the recommendations they give, such as last week’s recommendation of Mega Precious Metals, immediately gap up at the open of trading the next day, making it a dicey investment proposition unless you have a long-term time horizon.

Additionally, from time to time the NIA will do special stock recommendations, which subscribers can only access for a fee. The same caveats go out for these investments, but since subscribers pay a hefty sum for them (usually $1,000), they presumably are more sophisticated about such investments than the average NIA subscriber. Thus, it is hard to fault the NIA in any way for this practice, especially as it obviously needs to generate revenues to pay its staff and continue producing high quality content, such as the BRILLIANT piece “College Conspiracy” that was released last week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VpZtX32sKVE).

When I initially received one of the NIA’s free recommendations a year ago, I immediately sent an email to their general mailbox saying I thought the practice of giving stock recommendations, even for free, could cause negative ramifications for the organization’s reputation. People listening to the NIA’s advice about preparing for hyperinflation, such as buying PHYSICAL gold, silver, and food will UNDOUBTEDLY benefit during times of hyperinflation. But they could just as easily lose money in these stocks, negating some of the aforementioned benefits and creating a reputation as a penny stock promoter (fairly or unfairly), with the inevitable accusations of “pump and dump” even if equally untrue.

Moreover, it doesn’t help the NIA’s case that one of their top executives is Jonathan Lebed, a man whom I’ve never met but who has, in the past, been accused of pump and dump activities on chat rooms. In 2001, Lebed settled with the SEC for $285,000 regarding such charges, although he did not admit wrongdoing. I don’t know what actually happened, but given that he was a minor at the time, and it doesn’t sound like he was being paid for advice, most likely it was just some sour grapes unsophisticated “investors” that were dumb enough to buy internet stocks or the like from anonymous chat room posters like Lebed. This was probably more the rule of the time than the exception, and frankly I have no strong opinions about Mr. Lebed either way, other than that giving stock recommendations of any kind could open him up to criticism and accusation, which is exactly what has happened here.

By the way, of the 27 free recommendations the NIA has given in the past two years (21 of which are Precious Metals stocks), 22 are currently higher than the recommendation price, in many cases by large percentages, while just three have been big losers (ALL NON-PRECIOUS METALS stocks). And according to a rebuttal email they published today, the NIA’s President, Gerard Adams (a man I have tremendous respect for), has NEVER sold a stock recommended by the NIA.

Now, a few words on Peter Schiff, whom I have been following for many years. Schiff, the founder and CEO of Euro Pacific capital, is an extremely talented businessman, who has essentially built a small fortune in the brokerage business. He has consistently been right in his economic predictions, and consequently has a very large following. He is also a master of promotion, posting free articles and video blogs on his website, of which I have read and listened to many. Heck, I even subscribed to his Schiff Radio service last fall when it debuted, although frankly I stopped listening months ago as I find his broadcasts to be repetitive, not to mention biased too much to the Republican side of the aisle (I am independent, and thus have no interest in listening to either a Democratic or Republican agenda). In fact, he is so good at personal promotion that he actually put in a reasonably strong bid in last year’s Connecticut Republican primary, despite being a major underdog from the get go (who wants someone in favor of fiscal responsibility, and who could compete with Linda McMahon’s money?). And finally, he not only has been publically bullish about Precious Metals for many years, but even started his own Precious Metals business within Euro Pacific Capital.

OK, that’s the GOOD side of the ledger for Peter Schiff. This article is about how despicable I believe he is, but I had to first give him props for the things he has done RIGHT.

But now for the BAD things, which FAR OUTWEIGH the good.

As most of you are painfully aware, I believe….no, I KNOW, that the most important variable in the gold and silver markets is the SUPPRESSION and FRAUD committed every second of every trading day by the Gold Cartel, a secretive collaboration of the most powerful politicians in Washington and bankers in New York and London. Their only purpose in life is to maintain the dollar’s status as reserve currency, in order to rob America blind, keep the dollar from collapsing (since they get so many free dollars via bailouts and insider trading), and consequently stay in power. Organizations like GATA are the Cartel’s mortal enemy, charged solely with exposing this fraud and helping innocent investors to act accordingly, in other words to invest, without fear, into Precious Metals to PROTECT THEMSELVES from hyperinflation. On that measure, by the way, the NIA is not much different than GATA.

I’ll get back to that topic in a second, but first…

I just called Peter Schiff a master promoter, but unlike GATA and the NIA, whom promote themselves to HELP people, I have always suspected that Schiff’s promotions are aimed principally at helping HIMSELF. In essence, I find him to be one of the most selfish and pompous people I have ever listened to, constantly pretending that HE ALONE predicted the housing crash, the economic implosion, the bull market in gold, and essentially everything else on earth except the winner of today’s Preakness Stakes! Guess what Peter, I MADE ALL THOSE SAME PREDICTIONS, AS DID MANY OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW, but I don’t PROMOTE my accomplishments in the quest for PROFIT (Euro Pacific Capital, with its exorbitant commissions) and FAME (the Connecticut Senate seat, and consequently more PROFITS).

In fact, after listening to him pontificate in the run up to the Republican primary last fall, I became convinced that his rhetoric about bringing responsibility to Washington was a complete and utter sham, as he is clearly too smart to believe he could make a difference. In fact, I believe the reason he ran for Senate (aside from his MONSTROUS EGO) was to access its financial perks, both for his business and personally. Moreover, in the case of a U.S. economic and/or currency collapse, the elite assholes in Washington will clearly be shown to the “bomb shelter”, while the rest of us peons are left to fend for our own. And no doubt Peter Schiff believes he’s entitled to that treatment!

As to my above assertions (sorry, 100% GUARANTEED FACT) that MANIPULATION is the most important aspect of the Precious Metals market, you would think that Schiff would be at least open to speaking to GATA’s team, if only to make introductions and assure them of their mutual goals.

But no, of course not. Not only will he not respond to them, but mocks their assertions, the ultimate Benedict Arnold traitor to the cause. Of course he knows that GATA is right, but believes his political (and ultimately, economic) aspirations will not be served by acknowledging this aspect of the market. No Senator could ever accuse the government of fraud (or the beloved banks, which are the leading funders of campaign contributions), and in Schiff’s case he actually has decided to deride the good guys instead. GATA has tried to reach out to him on numerous occasions, as have I personally, but the almighty Peter Schiff won’t even respond, as he is obviously too elite, and too smart for them. And on the topic of his radio program, I almost feinted when I found out last fall that he was going to have Adrian Douglas of GATA as a guest, which gave me cause to doubt my prior judgments. But when I heard that broadcast, I was SICKENED beyond belief, as he essentially spent the entire program belittling Mr. Douglas, one of the brightest and most well-intentioned people I know, in the most despicable manner imaginable. In fact, it was on that day that I started HATING Peter Schiff!

As you can see by the amount I have written so far, without having even gotten to the point of this RANT, I have very strong opinions about gold manipulation, the NIA, and Peter Schiff. He may not fear peons like me, but he has prompted the writing of this invective, which certainly won’t help him in the public opinion polls, which obviously are all that he cares about (as long as he can translate those opinions to PROFIT). That is why I am amazed at what he did this weekend….

OK, so here it is.

On Friday, Schiff decided to post a 15-minute video blog on his website, lashing out at what he called a “pump and dump scam” going on at the NIA. I noted my reservations earlier about the downside of the NIA giving stock recommendations, however what Peter Schiff said in this despicable video was incredibly mean-spirited, attacking one of the pillars of honesty in society for no apparent reason (although I’m sure he felt there was some PROFIT to be made), and, more importantly, completely devoid of evidence. In fact, I find it ironic that he accused the NIA of FRAUD no less than 10 times on the video, when he himself, in my view, is the one leaving himself open to a slander lawsuit.

It sounds to me like Schiff has a personal vendetta against the NIA, although for what reason I have no idea. Much in the same way that he belittles GATA’s assertions (without mentioning its name, however), he seems to believe that going after “conspiracy theorists” will somehow increase his ability to earn PROFIT and achieve FAME (and thus, more PROFIT). I almost died laughing when he repeatedly accused the NIA of “stealing his material”, as once again, the Schiff promotion machine is about convincing the world of the ridiculous lie that he alone predicted every economic event that has ever occurred. What a delusional ass! Being a politician, he should probably learn that being DIPLOMATIC is the best way to win favor, particularly with those that agree with you. But instead, he has chosen the path of using his website and radio show as bully pulpits, selfishly disseminating lies and, moreover, attacking the good guys so he can get in with the bad guys (Senator Schiff, anyone? NOT!).

In fact, this attack on the NIA was so full of propaganda and slander, that it occurred to me that Schiff has already turned from Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader, much as his analogues in the economic community, Alan Greenspan and Warren Buffet, did years ago. Schiff’s thirst for PROFIT and POWER had turned him into a maniacal traitor to the cause of good, making me wonder if he’ll really shock us by abandoning his core economic principles. Calling the NIA “pump and dumpers” without any proof is bad enough, but he even goes as far as to essentially call all junior mining companies worthless. BTW, Peter, how could the NIA have profited from “pumping and dumping” Mega Precious Metals stock when it has been FALLING for the past six months, last trading at a price this low nearly a year ago?

In my view, this video by Peter Schiff represents a HUGE blow to his credibility, the moment when he “jumped the shark” for good as a leading citizen in the economic community. Going forward, whether I agree with his theories or not (and I do agree with most), I will NEVER read or listen to this blowhard again.

And finally, off topic, I want to commend the NIA for publishing “College Conspiracy” last week, an absolutely amazing piece of work, combining exhaustive research with wonderful production value, as they always do. For several years I have warned people that college was a waste of money in the hyperinflated world of college tuition, but I had no idea just how much FRAUD permeated the business as well. Oh well, par for the course as America spirals down the drain.

In my view, the only reason Americans have been able to attend college at such high rates has been the artificially inflated dollar, the root of seemingly all of the nation’s ills and, with 100% certainty, the source of its downfall. The willingness of foreign Central Banks to promulgate the failed fiat expirement has enabled Americans to live way upon their means via UNLIMITED DEBT CREATION, and the U.S. government only made things worse by exponentially expanding undischargable student loans and, most likely, colluding with the “education industrial complex” to help screw America’s youth in return for campaign contributions and other lobbying perks.

As for the NIA, I still don’t agree with mixing stock recommendations into their product offering (and thus, I warn readers to be careful about investing in speculative stocks), but my view is that they are one of the true pillars of American society, one of the best organizations to come along in my lifetime.
    py

Visitors found this page by searching for:

nias exclusive 2012 social network stocks 2.0 report and begin receiving nias exclusive private social email updates with social networking information that nia doesnt discuss in its public nia alerts

inflation in malaysia 1980 until 2010

SEO Blog