Hi and welcome to Melaka People’s Action Group (4MLKPAG)
(With thanks and acknowledgement to John Cheong of Singapore)
egroup website: http://groups.google.com/group/mel-pag
Email this group: <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Join us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Here are a few things to remember about this group:
This group is for the purpose of communication between interested parties relating to voter education, particularly relating to training programmes. There will be openness but also some limits and some common netiquette. Here are some things you may want to know:You can register for training and volunteer to join Tindak Malaysia or become a PACABA at
1. You may get lots of emails. So, if you do not want all that, change your Message Delivery setting to "No Email" which means you have to read everything online by going to the 4MLKPAG homepage on Google Groups website: [http://groups.google.com/group/mel-pag] and choosing 'Edit my membership'.
Alternatively, you can set 'Digest' which means you get all the emails in chronological order, sent to you as one long continuous email.
2. To post a message/email use this address:
or you can post within our group homepage.
3. As a rule - no spamming and no marketing of services, products etc, unless approved by the moderators. If you have something you think may be good for the others, ask the moderators first.
Don't know what spamming is? Look it up on Google or Wikipedia or some other site.
4. No chain emails. If you like the contents, just strip out the "send this to your gazillion friends and reap mucho blessings", and just send the contents only. If in doubt, don't.
5. On replying to an email, you should clean it up a bit. Snip out any parts that can be left out. Basically, you are your own editor. This will be very helpful for your recipients and we are sure they will be grateful.
6. Some topics may be controversial. We all respect each other's opinions but we may not agree with each other's thoughts. That is OK. Because the worst is that we all agree to disagree. If you don't like what you read, ignore it or report it to the moderators who may allow it or put it to a vote if too many people complain. If there is sufficient backing (subject to moderator's discretion), the member will be asked to stop at risk of being barred.
The list owner is contactable on:
J Suresh <email@example.com>,
SV Singam firstname.lastname@example.org,