Thread: Sin Eng Huat Coffeeshop Restaurant

Sin Eng Huat Coffeeshop Restaurant

There is this coffeeshop restaurant situation right next to a traffic light in Tanjung Bungah here in Penang which is popular among locals for its home-cooked food tai chow.

Its signature dish or "chow pai dish" is pre-fried fish fillet cooked in a claypot with yam in black soya sauce. Really tasty and yummy with white rice.... you have a choice of tou tay fish or tenggiri fish, the former is more expensive. We had the tou tay fish.

Another popular dish is its long-beans fried in belacan... the long beans is unique because it is unusually skinny and long and its really crispy.

The seafood tomyam (cooked in fresh young coconut shell) is also a hot favourite (pun intended). Very thick tomyam gravy and very lemak too. Huge prawns don't know from where?

Then there is the "o kow kay" which literally mean "Guinness Stout Chicken".... its fried chicken and very dark in colour but extremely tasty and crispy... I am not sure if there is guinness stout in it but the chicken are in small chunky pieces and dark but damn shiok to eat.

Dinner of the above 4 dishes for 8 persons just a while ago came to RM140. Must be the tou tay fish and big prawns but considered reasonable cost.

You guys should try it.

p.s. Racheljanz... its at the traffic light with an old Coke signage, located across the road of another coffeeshop with a big Coke signage, I know you will look for it.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to trumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Re: Sin Eng Huat Coffeeshop Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Han2
    p.s. Racheljanz... its at the traffic light with an old Coke signage, located across the road of another coffeeshop with a big Coke signage, I know you will look for it.
    ha ha ha.. no photos?
    Next time you can also, their Sea Crab Noodles, Oo mee(yellow noodles with clams), Signature Beancurd and Vietnam Fish.
    Looking forward to your next food review.

Ahhh... you have been there!

Yes, their crab noodles are wonderful but we didn't order because my mum-in-law is allergic to it. It was for the same reason we didn't order the Oyster Noodles as well.

Oh, their kopi-O is really kow-kow and so fragrant, reminded me of the kopi-O at Kluang Railway Station in Kluang, Johore. I had 2 cups, slowly sipping them while chatting with the in-laws. (You know lah, married to Penang girl means married to the entire clan.... )
    "The only thing necessary for evil to trumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Yup many times.

There is a chinese tai chow near Park Royal.
    If you walk out of the hotel, turn right and proceed down the road.
    Turn right when you come to a small lane and walk towards the sea, you will reach a food court on the beach.
    It has been a long time since I ate there.
    I wonder if it is still there.
    The gulai tumis fish is good and so is the spring roll (need to be early though)
    They have other good signature dish but it has been a long time, lol.
    I wonder if it is still there?

Err...stay away from the Western Food's spaghetti even though my daughter like it!
    All pasta seems to agrees with her.

BTW what camera are you using?

Hey Rachel, thanks for the tips, I will go look for the tai chow near Park Royal (Tanjong Bungah hotel how, right?) when I am back in Penang, now in Sydney cari makan lah (not food, looking for biz!)

BTW my camera is an automatic Sony Cybershot T23 - easy, everything automatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Han2

Hey Rachel, thanks for the tips, I will go look for the tai chow near Park Royal (Tanjong Bungah hotel how, right?) when I am back in Penang, now in Sydney cari makan lah (not food, looking for biz!)

BTW my camera is an automatic Sony Cybershot T23 - easy, everything automatic!
    Park Royal HOTEL is NOT Tanjong Bungah hotel. LOL
    Park Royal hotel is in Batu Feringgi, coming from town, just passed Holiday Inn Hotel.

Waah have to go so far to cari makan/biz?

... aiyoh, I stay just in front of Golden Sands only, malulah!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

sin eng huat

sin eng huat tanjung bungahsin huat seafood tanjung bungahsin eng huat location mapsin eng huat at tj. bungasin eng huat crabsin loong huat restaurantsin loong huat restaurant (seafood) sing eng huat coffee shopsin eng huat penangahu huat coffee sejarahrestaurant sin eng huatrestoran sin eng huat
SEO Blog