Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harapkan Pagar, Pagar Makan Padi - Sekarang, Pagar Makan Lembu! - NFC Cowgate

Monday, 16 January 2012 14:00

RM600k credit card charges to NFC and Najib is still playing internal Umno politics, slams PKR

http://malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=26352:rm600k-credit-card-charges-to-nfc-and-najib-is-still-playing-internal-umno-politics&Itemid=2

Written by Maria Begum, Malaysia Chronicle

Prime Minister Najib Razak seems to be savoring the breathing space he won for himself after a complex move by his supporters to oust Women's Minister Shahrizat Jalil. The move allegedly masterminded by Lembah Pantai Umno chief Raja Nong Chik had created a ripple effect, piling pressure on Najib's foes in their Umno party which includes deputy premier Muhyiddin Yassin as well as former premier Mahathir Mohamd.

The RM250 million National Feedlot Corp debacle, in which Shahrizat's family was accused of misappropriating public money, was approved by Muhyiddin in 2006 when he was the Agriculture Minister. The project to raise local beef supply was granted to Shahrizat's husband and children to manage and oversee. Financed by a government soft loan, the opposition PKR party has alleged that some RM188 million was inappropriately used and needs to be audited with a fine toothcomb.

Given such a 'hot potato', Najib lost no opportunity turning the political knife on Muhyiddin. Over the weekend, the PM announced that NFC assets would be frozen, and Muhyiddin and Non Omar - the current Agriculture minister - would decide on the best course of action.

However, while the plodding Muhyiddin has been quick to come to the net with a volley of his own, there is little doubt that the fiasco has burnt a large hole in his campaign to challenge Najib for the Umno presidency and premiership of the country.

"I have discussed it with the PM that the issue has been manipulated by the opposition and it has reached a stage where the government will take action and announce the same in the near future," responded Muhyiddin.

Warlords made to choose sides

As for Noh Omar, who is also the Selangor Umno deputy chief and regarded as one of its biggest 'warlord', he was quick to take the cue from Najib. Noh knows he is not on Najib's favoured list to become Selangor chief minister if Umno manages to wrest the state government from the Pakatan Rakyat in the coming election.

"This one, you ask DPM,” Malaysian Insider reported Noh as saying twice during a press conference on Monday.

As for Shahrizat Jalil, who is known to be aligned to the Umno faction led by former premier Abdullah Badawi and Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin, it is clear her political career has all but finished.

So far, she has taken 3 weeks' leave to allow investigations to proceed and while Najib assured that NFC assets have been frozen, the NFC board consisting of Shahrizat's children have issued a press statement that it is "business as usual" at the company.

RM593,500 in just credit card charges alone

Pakatan Rakyat leaders including PKR's Rafizi Ramli and DAP's Lim Kit Siang have slammed the asset freeze as inadequate. They want the Shahrizat family to suspended from the NFC board so that they cannot 'perpetrate' any further cover-ups.

In the latest PKR expose, Rafizi also revealed the shockingly high credit card charges incurred by the Shahrizat family and charged to the NFC - amounting to RM593,500 during the year 2009. These sums are additional to the fat paychecks that the family already draws.

The breakdown provided by Rafizi in a statement on Monday showed that Shahrizat's husband Salleh Ismail charged RM182,525, children Wan Shahinur Izan RM160,573, Wan Izzana Fatimah RM127,900 and Wan Shahinur Izmir RM122,402.
    "We need to highlight to the public this was the amount they charged to their credit cards which was paid by the people of Malaysia through the NFC," Rafizi told Malaysia Chronicle.

"As such, I view with great seriousness, the defiance showed by Izmir Salleh that it is business as usual in NFC. Are Shahrizat's family trying to show they will not be bound by the government's order, or is Najib - as usual - giving hollow and empty instructions that are merely for show. We hope that he is not too busy playing internal Umno politics that he cannot be bothered to stop such pilferage of national funds."

PKR supreme council member Fariz Musa will lead a team to lodge a report at the Dang Wangi police station at 2 pm on Tuesday, January 16, 2012.

Firing from all fronts, but it is Malaysia that gets hurt

Indeed, Najib's mind seems to be on everything except the national agenda and the economy, which is fast sinking. Last week, he shocked the nation by allowing the courts to acquit arch enemy Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim from sodomy charges.

While the politically clumsy Najib tried to give the impression that the ruling showed the Malaysian judiciary was independent and not as notorious as it had been accused of being a stooge of the Umno elite, seasoned pundits said the move was actually aimed to crimp and discomfort another huge Najib obstacle - former premier Mahathir Mohamad.

"Yes, Najib is firing from all fronts of late. But we are concerned that in the process of the Umno infighting, it is Malaysia which gets neglected and badly hurt," said Rafizi.

Lack of remorse

DAP's Kit Siang also lamented the total absence of remorse by the NFC culprits. Critics have been especially harsh as Shahrizat had refused to accept blame or apologize for her family, insisting that what they did was none of her business.

"It raises the critical thinking Malaysians whether the ‘temporary freeze’ of NFC assets was nothing but a charade to appease an increasingly outraged Malaysian population. Can Najib specifically answer the many questions about the “temporary freeze” of NFC assets — the who, when, where, how and what assets have been frozen and what value?” asked Kit Siang.

"Ordinary Malaysians are outraged that after more than six months after the revelations Auditor-General about the NFC ‘mess’, nothing has been done whether by the Cabinet or NFC to put things right. What is worse, there is a complete absence of remorse or admission of grave wrong and injustices in the gross misuse of NFC funds."

Shahrizat's family was accused of using NFC funds to buy luxury condos in Bangsar and Singapore, up-market residential land Putrajaya, a super-class Mercedes Benz plus family holidays and million-ringgit cash transfers and discounts to family-controlled firms.

Malaysia Chronicle
    py

Harapkan Pagar, Pagar Makan Padi - So, this is Malay leadership - Farah Fahmy

So, this is Malay leadership - Farah Fahmy

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 01:26 AM PST

Farah Fahmy is based in London, and has written for the media. She is intrigued by trans- and international relations between Malaysia (ns) and the Rest of the World.

If our politicians are to be believed, the Malays are under threat these days. Our religion, culture and power are steadily under attack from all and sundry. Everyone has it in for us, from Christians to the Chinese. We are even warned about a so-called “Malaysian Spring” being orchestrated by “anasir-anasir Barat” (and quite possibly, the Jews, who of course, have always had it in for us).

“We won’t surrender an inch,” said the Melayu champion-in-chief (who also finds the time to be our prime minister) during a speech to Pekida recently. Malays, we were told, will never be oppressed in our own land so long as Umno is in power.

Well, glory be. I’m sure there are many others who can sleep more soundly at night knowing that there are so many out there making sure we Malays are not stripped of our position and power in our land.

But ... hang on a minute.

The last time I checked we Malays, along with the other Bumiputeras, make up about 60-odd per cent of our country’s population. Islam is not just our country’s official religion, it is also the religion professed by about 60 per cent of our people. Not only are we and our religion in the majority, but let’s see, we Malays also make up most of, oh, the civil service, police, army, ruling class and politicians.

Of course, you can say that there are plenty of Malays who still need help. This, I don’t dispute. I’ve seen rural poverty in our country, where people still live without basic amenities like constant water supply and proper toilets. I’ve also seen urban poverty, with families living in small, low-cost flats in the outskirts of KL making do with the little that they earn.

Yet poor Malays aren’t the only ones who need help. There are also plenty of poor people, non-Malays, who deserve help. My brother was once approached by a young Indian man late one evening. He had just arrived from Kulai and asked my brother for help; my brother pointed him in the direction of the nearest kedai mamak.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: not all Malays deserve to get the help that the NEP brings. I would hazard a guess that most Malays who live in exclusive neighbourhoods in KL do not need the Bumiputera housing discount, or government scholarships for their offspring.

Are we really throwing away our “power” and “position” if we amended the NEP so that it excluded rich Malays and was open to all of our country’s poor, regardless of their race? Yes, Datuk Najib, we’ve “willingly shared power with the non-Malays” since Merdeka, but why keep harping on the past? Why not share with us your vision for the future?

I should have expected it, but I’m disappointed all the same. Is this what Malay leadership is about? Is there such a dearth of good Malay leaders in Umno that only scare tactics will do? Where is the vision about what the Malays can achieve? Why is no one inspiring us to be better? Why, in fact, is there no Malay leader out there who has the guts to say enough is enough, we Malays will never reach our full potential if we keep harping on about the help that we need? Why is no one honest enough to say that not all Malays are equal, and the haves should no longer receive a handout?

Instead of leaders who inspire us and show us how it is possible for all of us — Malay or otherwise — to have a stake in this country, we have leaders like Datuk Shahrizat Jalil. The pity of it all is that I felt that Shahrizat had not done a bad job as the minister for Women, Family and Community Development. Yet the NFC controversy has made her position untenable and shown the ugly face of Umno and our government.

Why are our ministers allowed to run family businesses that are subsidised by the government? Even if ministers are not actively involved in running such businesses, how is it that businesses run by members of a minister’s family can qualify for government assistance? Why are the people who govern our country in our name not required to declare their interests in such companies, and the assets they hold?

There is also a failure of leadership over the whole NFC debacle. Najib should have taken decisive action when it first erupted, and demanded Shahrizat’s resignation. Not doing so would mean that he condoned what she did, no?

This was our PM’s chance to show that he meant business; that even the slightest whiff of misconduct would not be tolerated, be it at ministerial level or otherwise. Well, he’s flunked the test. What this shows us is that our PM and Umno as a whole are prepared to turn a blind eye to such things. Why? I don’t know. Is it because she’s “one of us”? Or perhaps because she’s a Malay?

Is this what Najib means when he tells us to choose wisely in the next general election? Is this what Umno means when it claims to be the only political party that can safeguard Malay interests? For shame, Umno.Out of all its members, only two leaders have called on Shahrizat to do the right thing, and recognised the damage the whole affair is doing to the party.

Let me remind you what Najib said at Pekida: Umno would not allow the Malays to be oppressed in their own land. Well, the vast amounts of money that have been reportedly spent buying expensive properties and cars could have been spent improving the lives of poorer Malays, so who’s oppressing who now?
    py

Nazri says NFCorp breached loan conditions

UPDATED @ 05:44:28 PM 14-02-2012
    By Shazwan Mustafa Kamal
    February 14, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 14 — The National Feedlot Corporation (NFCorp) has breached its loan conditions with the federal government, Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz said today.
    “In a way, there has been a constructive breach of trust. The money, which was meant for the cattle industry, was used for something else.

“The money was specifically given out based on a project given to NFCorp, that it could raise cattle and sell (it) at a cheaper price,” Nazri (picture) told reporters here.

“The loan was given just for that. If you use the money for something else, you don’t need to be a lawyer to see that there is a breach of trust, it’s so simple,” said the de facto law minister.

Nazri also denied news reports which quoted him as saying that Cabinet colleague Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil should return the RM250 million federal loan for the controversial National Feedlot Centre (NFC).

“The government can recall the loan if there has been a breach of trust. I said NFCorp must return the money, I never said her (Shahrizat), nothing to do with her,” he said.

Nazri stressed that this was his view as law minister, and that the government was still looking into the allegations of financial misappropriation in the federally-funded project.

The minister said he was concerned that the issue would “never die” no matter what the government did, and that it was a case of public interest where they wanted to know how the money was spent.

“If the investigations by MACC finds some individuals guilty of an act, an offence under Malaysian laws, they must be charged.

“Then tender out the project and may the best bidder be given the tender,” added the Padang Rengas MP.

He said Shahrizat’s resignation at this point of time would not make “much difference”, and that it might have had a bigger impact if it was done a few months earlier.

“We have to wait till investigations end...people are impatient, clueless, no direction where we are headed to,” Nazri said.

PKR has made several claims of abuse of the federal loan involving over RM62 million in land, property and expenses unrelated to cattle farming.

The National Feedlot Corporation (NFCorp), tasked with running the national cattle-farming project, is chaired by Shahrizat’s husband Datuk Seri Mohamad Salleh Ismail and their three children are directors in the company.

Shahrizat’s son Wan Shahinur Izmir Salleh has insisted that the company decided it would make better use of the money by investing in property during a break in business operations due to the government’s decision to suspend construction of an abattoir that would have been rented to NFCorp.

The NFC hit the headlines following last year’s Auditor-General’s Report, and has continued to hog the limelight after it was linked to Women, Family and Community Development Minister Shahrizat and her family.

The senator applied for three weeks’ leave from her ministerial duties last month after new allegations of bribery surfaced. She has since resumed her duties.

Last Wednesday, she was called in for questioning by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced last month Putrajaya would appoint an auditor to scrutinise NFCorp’s books in light of accusations made against the company but dismissed calls for a royal commission of inquiry into the
    py

I don’t know, Noh Omar says of NFC breach of trust

Sorry, I am stupid. I don't Noh.

By Shannon Teoh

February 14, 2012
    Noh speaking during a visit to Edible-Birdnest Depositary and Trade Center at PT Swift Marketing Sdn Bhd in Puchong January 16 2012.

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 14 — Datuk Seri Noh Omar insisted today he did not know if the National Feedlot Corporation (NFCorp) breached loan conditions despite de facto law minister Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz pointing out the family of their Cabinet colleague Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil should return the RM250 million federal loan.

The agriculture and agro-based industry minister said he could not comment as he has yet to receive any information from ongoing investigations into the controversial national cattle farming project.
    “I don’t know. I don’t know because we have not received any decision. As agriculture minister, I have not received any report. Let them investigate,” he told reporters here.

Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Nazri said earlier today NFCorp, owned by Wanita Umno chief Shahrizat’s husband and three children, had committed breach of trust by using the government loan meant for cattle farming to fund other purchases.

“The loan was given just for that. If you use the money for something else, you don’t need to be a lawyer to see that there is a breach of trust, it’s so simple,” the Padang Rengas MP had said.

PKR has made several claims of abuse of the federal loan involving over RM62 million in land, property and expenses unrelated to cattle farming.
    Shahrizat’s son Wan Shahinur Izmir Salleh has insisted that the company decided it would make better use of the money by investing in property during a break in business operations due to the government’s decision to suspend construction of an abattoir that would have been rented to NFCorp.

The government awarded NFCorp the project in 2006, when Shahrizat was women, family and community development minister.

The senator, who still holds the portfolio applied for three weeks’ leave from her ministerial duties last month after new allegations of bribery surfaced. She has since resumed her duties.

Last Wednesday, she was called in for questioning by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

The former Lembah Pantai MP has refused to heed calls for her to resign that have come from the opposition and Umno leaders including influential former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced last month Putrajaya would appoint an auditor to scrutinise NFCorp’s books in light of accusations made against the company but dismissed calls for a royal commission of inquiry into the NFC.
    py

MP Pua reveals NFC loan agreement

Petaling Jaya MP Tony Pua today revealed that the contents of the much-sought loan agreement between National Feedlot Corporation (NFC) and the government, affirming the perception that it was lopsided and the purchase of luxurious properties breached the agreement.

The 35-page document clearly states that the purpose of the government soft loan at two percent annual interest is solely for the National Feedlot Center project.

"The Borrower shall use the Loan Facility to part finance the Project as described in the First Schedule of this Agreement," read Clause three of the document under the topic ‘Purpose'.

Hence the earlier statements made by NFC directors that the loan can be used for property investment, said Pua, were "complete rubbish".

"The fund can only and strictly used to part finance and set up the center, nothing else," he said.
    During the press conference at the DAP's Kuala Lumpur national headquarters today, Pua distributed copies of the agreement to reporters which he described as "one of the worst loan agreements I have ever seen".

He claimed that the document is genuine and provided by an unnamed source.

py

If Rafidah was AP Queen, Shahrizat is Condo Queen

10th Feb 2012

Going by the rate on how opposition PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli exposing CowGate scandal, it’s hard to see how PM Najib can retain Shahrizat – Senator cum back-door Minister cum Minister of Women, Family and Community Development. If for some weird reasons Najib decided that Shahrizat is a winnable candidate and the opposition miraculously win the next general election, the opposition (would then be referred to as government) would have two lucky stars to thank – Rafizi and Shahrizat.

Of course, Najib would be shown the exit door by his own UMNO party with his tail between his legs for being so blind and ignorant about the impact of the scandal, something which is easily understandable and despised by the rural folks who voted blindly and loyally to Najib administration. Really, it’s not that difficult to understand the whole RM250 million fiasco and why the most illiterate rural folks would shake their heads in disbelieve about the cow business turns sour (or rather greedy).

With components such as overseas trips, plots of land purchases, half a million ringgit Mercedes Benz CLS 350 CGI, naughty allegation of RM26,000 bra, at least three fine-dining restaurants (Meatworks, Senor Santos and Brawns Steakhouse), RM9.8 million condo at One Menerung, Bangsar, luxury condo at Orchard Scotts and now another two condos at Marina Bay Financial Center suites costing RM34.6 million, this is perhaps the easiest jigsaw puzzle for a small kid.

A project about cattle-rearing was mooted. A minister told the Cabinet (or rather the Agricultural Minister at the time) that her husband was capable of leading the project and it was awarded without proper tenders being called, never mind the hubby knows nuts about cow rearing simply because the minister was one of UMNO warlords in her capacity as the UMNO Wanita (women) Chief.

Fat salaries were drawn up to Shahrizat’s family members – Shahrizat’s husband Mohammad Salleh Ismail as NFCorp Chairman draws $100,000 salary monthly, 31-year-old son Izmir draws RM45,000 monthly as executive director, another son Wan Shahinur Izran aged 27 draws RM35,000 a month as CEO while 25 year-old daughter Wan Izzanah Fatimah draws RM35,000 as the other director – for a total sum ofeasy and nice RM215,000 monthly.

The mouth-watering RM250 million invited “super investment ideas” hence the purchases of luxury car and condos for personal consumptions using the money originally allocated for the cattle-rearing project. If there’re indeed more explosive revelations from Rafizi about the scandal, you can bet your money that it’s all about condos again. Heck, how Shahrizat wish the project is called National Condo Corporation and not National Feedlot Corporation, judging by her (family) talents in “property investment” (*grin*).

If her predecessor, Rafidah Aziz was known as AP Queen, there’s no doubt Shahrizat is now known as Condo Queen. Spin as she wish but the fact that the two Marina Bay suites bought at a cost of RM34.6 million which requires a monthly payment of RM173,000 for 25 years was sufficient to trigger corruption or criminal breach of trust charges – if this happens elsewhere. But of course in Malaysia, it was considered abnormal and even insulting to invite the Minister to the Anti-Corruption Agency for curry puffs and teh-tarik session in disguise of investigation.

** click image for enlarged view **

The two condos, located on the 8th (costing S$7,114,000) and 11th floor (costing S$7,177,000) of posh Marina Bay Financial Center Tower 1, Central Boulevard, as per according to titles from the Singapore Land Authority, are registered under Shahrizat’s husband and son, Mohammad Salleh Ismail and 27-year-old Wan Shahinur Izran respectively. The total sum of about RM62 million for all the condos exposed so far easily dwarf former Selangor Chief Minister Khir Toyo’s RM24 million mansion scandal. Nevertheless, any condominium in Singapore with Marina Bay address is definitely luxury and posh.

The construction of the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) development comprises two phases, with its first phase completed in 3Q 2010. MBFC is developed by a joint venture partnership of Cheung Kong (Holdings) Limited/Hutchison Whampoa, Hongkong Land and Keppel Land. The entire development will be completed in 2013. The first phase consists of the office Towers 1 (33 storeys of which the controversial condos located) and 2 (50 storeys), Marina Bay Residences with 428 units and 93,800 square feet (8,710 m2) of the retail mall. The second phase comprises office Tower 3 (46 storeys), 82,200 square feet (7,640 m2) of the retail mall and Marina Bay Suites (which will be completed in 2013).

** click image for enlarged view **

Marina Bay Brawn Steakhouse

Interestingly, Shahrizat family-owned Brawn Steakhouse is located on ground floor of Marina Bay Link Mall so it must be part of the plan to own condos within the same area to facilitate family business management, not to mention the Singapore F1 Grand Prix at the Marina Bay street circuit was nearby. Even if this scandal is not the final nail in UMNO’s coffin, the upcoming controversial 1Care national healthcare enforcement may be the one, but that would be another story for another day. Let’s enjoy the magnificent view of Marina Bay Financial Center suites, shall we?

Other Articles That May Interest You …
    py

Stunning Photos: Star Vista's Farmhouse Supermarket

29th Feb 2012

If there’s a research on the best and most rewarding job in Malaysia, it has to be a career as a Minister. To maximize the profits derived from such position, the “Minister” post has to be from UMNO-led government and you’ve to be Chief-Of-Something from UMNO. That doesn’t mean you can’t make your millions or billions if you do not meet the conditions but you’ve to do a spendid job in apple-polishing or boot-licking. It’s not the salary and allowances that was attractive but the secret perks of putting both your hands in the cookie jar (read taxpayers money) without being questioned.

If you think billionaires such as Ananda Krishnan (worth RM42.9 bllion) or Syed Mokhtar AlBukhary (worth RM9.5 billion) are super rich people who can rival Ministers’ fortune, you’re dead wrong. That’s because these cronies who made their billions during Mahathir’s 22-year-rule also act as nominees for the powerful who walk the corridors of powers and that’s precisely why it’s so damn difficult to track the ill-gotten money plundered by these politicians. Hence, not all the money on the paper are theirs (billionaires) but belongs to corrupt politicians.

Another freaking good reason why Ministers from present government do not blink twice about sucking taxpayers money in broad daylight despite the existence of a single mum with four children and ageing mother who was so poor they can taste beef only twice a year at their backyard is this – these corrupt ministers will never get prosecuted and even if they get charged, the kangaroos from the Palace of Justice for mysterious reasons (or rather excuses) couldn’t convict them. Of course before they can be hauled up to courts, the police, anti-corruption agency and even the attorney general would engage in a peculiar competition – dragging their feats on such accusations or charges despite compelling evidence.

Possible Conceptual Design of Shahrizat Family's Farmhouse Supermarket

Thanks to opposition PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli who kept his promise to continue expose more dirts of Shahrizat’s Cow-Gate scandal, the saga continues with revelation about Shahrizat’s family business empire in Singapore – Farmhouse Supermarkets Pte Ltd – jointly owned by husband Mohd Salleh Ismail, second son Wan Shahinur Izran and youngest daughter Wan Izzana Fatimah Zabedah. It was revealed that Farmhouse had entered into an agreement with a luxury retail mall named Star Vista, to be its anchor tenant, taking up 28 units on the second floor.

The Star Vista Under Construction - NFC Scandal's Farmhouse Supermarket, main tenant, taking up all 28 units on second floor

The Star Vista Under Construction - NFC Scandal's Farmhouse Supermarket, main tenant, taking up all 28 units on second floor

Still under construction, Farmhouse would be coughing about S$900,000 (RM2.2 million) every month based on retail rental estimation of S$350 – S$500 per square metre. Shahrizat, being one of the powerful warlords in UMNO, is so powerful that not even PM Najib nor his deputy Muhyiddin dare to sack her despite the glaring evidence of criminal breach of trust. This is understandable simply because both Najib and Muhyiddin were aware (and equally guilty) of such contract when it was awarded to Shahrizat’s family members.

It’s amusing that despite PM Najib’s announcement about the freeze of NFC assets pending the completion of investigations, Shahrizat’s family arrogantly and literally laughed such action and proclaimed “business as usual”. Shahrizat knew nothing will happen to her family members simply because she realized the whole UMNO-led government regime is corrupt to the core. In fact Shahrizat may be laughed at by her own comrades for such a small plunder. Heck, compared to Mahathir’s hundreds of billions in plundering the nation’s coffers, Shahrizat’s RM250 million looks like a kid’s toy.

(** Click on photo for complete view **)

Scream till you foam at mouth as you wish but the fact remains that Shahrizat’s family has no intention of returning a single cent from the government’s RM250 million soft loan meant for the National Feedlot Centre (NFC). Just like McDonald’s hamburgers, those cattle you see at the farm are not the real business as far as Shahrizat’s family is concerned. Yes, hamburgers are not McDonald’s real juice of fortune but the property is, as can be seen by more revelations about Shahrizat family’s venture into property business – from Condominium to Supermarket.

So, Shahrizat and his family members are not stupid after all judging by the strategic location of their soon to be opened Farmhouse Supermarket located at The Star Vista, Singapore’s latest retail and entertainment hub. Owned by CapitaMalls Asia Limited, The Star Vista takes pride of its remarkable architecture landmark with a mind-boggling 33-metre high Grand Foyer, 800 carpark spaces, lettable retail area of 163,000 sq ft, a 5,000 seat state-of-the-art auditorium, amphitheatre and whatnot. Heck, FinanceTwitter should be paid by CapitaMalls for promoting Star Vista (*grin*).

Most importantly, the strategic landmark enjoys a convenience access for about 200,000 commuters monthly. Located in Vista Xchange, it also has a catchment of 48,000 working population, 261,000 residents and 60,000 students, thanks to its close proximity to education institutions such as Anglo-Chinese Junior College and International School, Singapore Polytechnic, Tanglin Trust School, United World College of South East Asia, National University of Singapore and even Ministry of Education.

As much as her family members would like to shout about the attractiveness of such supermarket business venture, the fact remains that Shahrizat is misusing and abusing taxpayers’ money as if the RM250 million was at her disposal. But who within Najib administration dare to force her into resignation when former premier Mahathir happily gambled away a whopping RM30 billion of taxpayers’ money in foreign exchange alone? Instead of feeling embarrassing of such criminal breach of trust, the Minister of Women, Family and Community Development may actually feel embarrass for siphoning a mere RM250 million.

Just like Star Vista’s motto “Chill Out. Live It Up”, maybe Shahrizat’s family motto is similar one - “Cheer Up, Malaysians” – “It’s Only RM250 Million” (*grin*). Anyway, let’s enjoy the stunning photos of The Star Vista architecture landmark, shall we?

Continued below
    py

More photos on National Feedlot Corporation investments

py

I got the wrong mall, says Rafizi

UPDATED @ 03:27:36 PM 29-02-2012
    By Yow Hong Chieh
    February 29, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 29 — Farmhouse Supermarkets, allegedly linked to Datuk Seri Shahrizat Jalil’s family, will operate as the anchor tenant of Singapore’s Rochester Mall and not the nearby Star Vista, Rafizi Ramli said today.The PKR strategic director apologised for the mix up after property developer and manager CapitaMalls Asia Ltd denied that Farmhouse Supermarkets would operate at The Star Vista mall in Buona Vista, Singapore.

“Farmhouse Supermarket has rented units #02-08 till #02-35 at the shopping mall attached to luxury condominiums at 35, Rochester Drive, Singapore,” he said in a statement.

Rafizi noted that a check on Rochester Mall’s website showed that Farmhouse Supermarkets was listed as a tenant, the largest on the second floor.
    He added that because Rochester Mall was located right next to The Star Vista, his initial estimate that renting the lots there would cost RM2.2 million a month were accurate.

“Therefore, I believe that aside from a mistake in the mall’s address, the rest of what I revealed yesterday is correct,” he said.

Rafizi also apologised to CapitaMalls and National Feedlot Corporation (NFCorp) for the confusion, but stressed that this should not detract from the questions raised over the cattle-rearing company’s alleged operations in Singapore.
    NFCorp hit national headlines after it made it into the Auditor-General’s Report last year, and has continued to hog the limelight after it was linked to Shahrizat’s family.

PKR has made several claims of abuse over NFCorp’s federal loan involving over RM62 million spent on land, property and expenses unrelated to cattle-raising.
    Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced last month Putrajaya would appoint an auditor to scrutinise NFCorp’s books in light of accusations made against the company.

Opposition parties have called on the government to freeze NFCorp’s assets to stop the company from using more public funds while the probe was being carried out.

Commercial crimes investigators said last week they will recommend to the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) that all NFCorp’s directors be charged with criminal breach of trust (CBT).

py

'Directors have taken out RM81.4mil from NFC'

Directors of the National Feedlot Corporation (NFC) have transferred close to RM81.4 million from the company account to those of external companies as of 2009, DAP national publicity chief Tony Pua said today.

The amount, he said, is held by private companies under the directors without any guarantee that the sum would be returned to NFC.

"The directors have emphasised that all these companies are either subsidiaries or associated with NFC.

“But the accounts since 2007 showed NFC has no subsidiaries," he said at a press conference at the DAP headquarters in Kuala Lumpur this morning.

The NFC's 2009 audit report states:"Included in other receivables and deposits of the company is an amount of RM81,324,745 (2008: RM32,275,493) due by companies which are associated with certain directors of the company.

"The amounts are unsecured and have no fixed term of repayment."

Pua said: "This means that we don't know if we can get the money back."
    Audit reports for 2008 and 2009

Reiterating that lending directly to company directors is against the Companies Act 1965, Pua speculated that the amount may have ballooned to over RM100 million after 2009, the accounts of which have yet to be published.

The audit reports of 2008 and 2009 listed the company directors as Women, Family and Community Development Minister Shahrizat Abdul Jalil’s (right) husband Mohamad Salleh Ismail and their three children, namely Wan Shahinur Izran Mohamad Salleh, Wan Izzana Fatimah Zabedah Mohamad Salleh and Wan Shahinur Izmir Mohamad Salleh.

The other five appointed directors were A Manaf Hussin, Mohd Mokhtar Ismail, Mat Ali Hassan, Raj D Ratnakumar and Norzam Md Nor.

However, Ratnakumar and Norzam resigned in 2009 while Alias Mohd Yassim was appointed in May 2010.

“Given that this amount of money was funded by taxpayers, I call upon NFC to immediately disclose every single cent of the RM81.4 million.

“There is a great need for accountability, money from the government cannot be used for anything or hidden away, it must be transparent and taxpayers must be informed,” he said.

If NFC fails to immediately disclose all the private companies that have drawn money from NFC, Pua said, he will push this matter before the Public Accounts Committee which will meet on Mar 5.

“I will make sure NFC is at the top of the agenda... I will demand a list of other receivables from who and to where,” he said.

According to its audit report from LM Chan & Associates, NFC had in 2007 suffered a loss of RM1.94 million, followed by RM7.04 million and RM10.94 million in 2008 and 2009, respectively.

For 2008 and 2009, NFC’s revenue cost exceeded its gross revenue, thus suffering a loss even before other operating costs and expenses were deducted.

As of 2009, it had piled up a total loss of RM19.93 million.

The audit reports also showed that the directors had forked out a total of RM1.11 million for the National Feedlot Project, however, the remaining was from the RM250 million government soft loan granted to NFC.

py

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

muhyiddin yassin daughter

harapkan pagar pagar makan padi

wan izzana fatimah zabedah

lembu nfc

harapkan pagar makan padi

harapkan

wan shahinur izran wan izzana fatimah zabedah

wan izzana fatimah zabedah mohamad salleh

tan sri syed mokhtar al-bukhary empire

L&O Architects Sdn Bhd‏

harapkan pagar pagar makan padi story

wan shahinur izmir picture

decision making national feedlot corporation issue in management view

our religion culture and power are steadily under attack from all and sundry. everyone has it in for us from christians to the chinese.

datuk seri mohamad salleh ismail qualifications

shahrizats children to be charged

datuk dr mohamad salleh ismail profile

who dished out the rm250 million for the lembu condo fiasco

national feedlot corporation board of directors

nfc. and dr rosli mai lam

rm250 million lembu condo fiasco

muhyiddin yassin daughter in law

wan izzana fatimah zabedah shahrizat daughter

shahrizat daughter

izzana salleh

SEO Blog