Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest incursion by Israel into Gaza

Latest incursion by Israel into Gaza

I am not condoning Israel's latest excessive use of force in Gaza. But didn't our local media highlight the fact that Hamas was firing rockets into Israel and injuring/killing Israelis in the first place and they broke the truce? I am sick of reading about what Israel did..but no one seems to be reporting on what Hamas did. No balanced reporting because everyone seems to hate Israel.

Re: Latest incursion by Israel into Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by besitai2007
    everyone seems to hate Israel.

I don't.

You read what the Western papers want you to read. You don't read about the daily grind of trying to survive in a police state with borders controlled by the Israelis, designed to wear them down, to make them feel less than human. Eventually, such frustration burst out in violence.

Israel is just an outpost inserted into the Middle-east by the US and UK for them to extend their control. The real issue is oil. And the real enemy is GREED!

Israel helps the US maintain their dominance over the Arabs so that they can control the oil and force the Arabs to spend all their oil money on weapons, which the US happily provides. Good for business.

Seen from the global perspective of the Rat Race, everything makes sense. It's just playing off one group of Rats against another. Off course, the Rats spend their lives hating and killing each other, not really understanding why. Throw in a bit of religion and the Rats get even more confused.
    py

Pywong: To quote you "Israel is just an outpost inserted into the Middle-east by the US and UK for them to extend their control."
    I feel it is too simplistic to think of Israel's existence as just that. If you discuss with Christians it goes beyond just control. On Nov. 29, 1947, the United Nations partitioned Palestine into an Arab state and a Jewish state. When Israel was first created Britain was not exactly shaking their hands and welcoming them with open arms. The British were blocking illegant Jewish immigrants into the would-be state of Israel. Israel's Mossad were no angels then and were carrying out terrorist attacks against the British. The second world war was just over and there were a lot of misplaced jews released from concentration camps. Unfortunately, the biblical homeland that the Jews wanted to create was also the homeland of the Palestinians. The main issue is that the Palestinians don't like to be deprived of their rightful homeland (well they did get some back .. like having part of your house given to someone)..how would you like it if someone kicked you out of your home. The Jewish caucus has been strong in US..and they were responsible for financing the campaigns of most US presidents. Hence elected US presidents have no choice but to support the Jewish cause. Will the new US president Barack Obama be any different? It is a complex issue which can only be solved if the Palestinians get their homeland back..but then will Israel just give it all up? The Arab nations have not eaxactly been united in fighting for the Palestinian cause. President Gamal Abdulnasser of Egypt was a staunch ally..so were Saddam Husein of Iraq and President Hafez al-Assad of Syria but they could not defeat Israel in spite of their sheer numbers against the Jewish state. The biblical predicition is that there will be argamedon when all the Jews return to Israel..favourite quote of a friend of mine... it will never materialise. Meantime the conflict still goes on.

Besitai, all these are just events created by the global conspirators to meet their goal of total world control. You need to read the Conspiracy threads to understand. BTW, your 2nd post is a contradiction of your 1st post. What position are you taking now - for the Palestinians or against?

For me, I believe the Palestinians have been victimised. Some of their actions are deplorable but when people are desperate enough, they do desperate things. Religion is dragged in just to confuse the issue. The issue is land and power. Anything else is just a distraction.
    py

Just an expansion of the first. I do not subscribe to the conspiracy theory (they still remain theories) and do not support any side. Just feel that there is not enough balance reporting on the conflict. Tq for comments but at the moment there seems to be no solution. I would have liked to see a world living in peace and harmony..but that is too much to ask.

Israel's objective in Gaza: Bringing Hamas to Heel

Besitai, whether you subscribe to the Conspiracy Theory or not is not important. What is important is that you have a mental model to make sense of events around you. Without one, you will be easily manipulated by the powers-that-be.

Here's an article analysing Israel's motives for assaulting the Gaza.

Bringing Hamas to Heel
    The Real Goal of the Gaza Assault

By JONATHAN COOK

http://www.counterpunch.org/cook01022009.html
    py

Perhaps my imagination is running wild but I get a feeling of eeriness of déjà vu after reading JONATHAN COOK's article.

Hmmm...Bringing MCA & MIC to Heel?
    Divide and conquer...
    May13?
    Racial and Religion issues?
    Heel dog heel!

Closer to home...in Klang Backyard

....This whole episode involving Manikavasagam, the Klang bus station and the Hindu temples have been blown out of proportion by the BN/Umno controlled MSM. The Scribe has reason to believe that Umno is behind this latest so-called friction in PR. Umno has realized that it cannot alone rule the country without support of their lapdogs MCA, Gerakan, PPP, PBS, SUPP, PBRS etc.. Umno has found out that Samy Vellu and his MIC are a liability to them. Just like the 'Toilet Bowl' Samy Vellu once used to describe women, Umno is now dumping their long time bedfellow MIC for a new 'sleeping partner' called Indian Progressive Front (IPF). After all, Umno saw how 'unsightly' MIC has become when Samy Vellu was jeered and chased away by ethnic Indians during the Permatang Pauh by Elections....
    http://margeemar.blogspot.com/2009/0...ort.html#links
    Do read the whole article for very colorful language and theories.

Some people just too thick skin....

One law for them and one law for us....

Here are 2 of several points of interest.

http://7rangers.blogspot.com/2009/01...of-khairy.html
    a pipsqueak wants to speak for all of us. He has the arrogance to say, “I am here to tell you that we, Malaysians - Muslims and non-Muslims - want to show our support to the Palestinians as this is concerning humanitarian and economic issues. This is about unity, freedom and justice of the Palestinians". In Malaysiakini. Well, he doe not speak for all the Muslims and and non-Muslims in Malaysia or the world.

When minorities in Malaysia who were marginalized and protesting peacefully, to get into the mainstream to have their lives uplifted, what happens, they get bludgeoned, tear gassed and water cannoned. View the video clip above. So I think Khairy's arrogance in assuming that all Malaysians feel the same way does not carry any weight.

Whenever there is an Israeli incursion into Palestinian controlled areas, the whole world seems to notice it, but when the Palestinians launch rocket attacks into Israeli homes, the whole world seems to be sleeping as well. And, the muslim world never seem to condemn such action. They were blinded by non-reporting and the silence of Islam world. The same thing happened when Hesbullah launched rocket attacks into Northern Israel. Why?

A launch of rocket attack is just as aggresive as an incursion which is more to stop those attacks from continuing. If those unprovoked rocket attacks were not launched, then you can condemn Israeli incursion as unwarranted.

Does that mean the rocket attacks were justified eventhough the casualty were much less compared to the incursions??
    The incursions were a direct provocation to the Israeli action.

I am not condoning waring parties, but the reality is such... do not throw stones into your neighbour's house unless you want a response that can be even more disastrous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

usjwndjsh

SEO Blog