Thread: Haris Ibrahim: The kindest thing to do is to put UMNO to sleep

Haris Ibrahim: The kindest thing to do is to put UMNO to sleep

Haris Ibrahim: I stood up, apologised for what I was about to say, told them that the cancerous culture of corruption and cronyism had spread so far through the body of UMNO that the kindest thing to do was to put UMNO to sleep.

No, no, bro, the surgeon-general has recommended that that sick beast called UMNO be put to sleep!
    January 2, 2009

many-colours-11

After the 1999 general elections, one particular UMNO division at which a friend was highly placed was having great difficulty dealing with PAS propaganda on the ground.

Surprise, surprise, this friend asked if I would help out.

....... http://harismibrahim.wordpress.com/2...-put-to-sleep/
    py

Re: Haris Ibrahim: The kindest thing to do is to put UMNO to sleep

Thanks for the heads up..
    Haris Ibrahim's friend, Art Harun, has proffered his thoughts to friends in UMNO as to what it must do to reform- is a very interesting article.
    - http://art-harun.blogspot.com/2008/1...to-change.html
    Liken to Politics/Leadership 101, it would be a good lesson for Pakatan Rakyat representatives to digest and avoid the pitfalls.

I like the part where it says..

The people's perception about UMNO now is that its leaders are in it just because power could bring untold wealth. And the ability to control. That is the perception. They could drive nice luxury cars in nice single plate number. They could park anywhere they like. They could jump que. Heck, they almost could do anything they like! Before March 8 this year for instance, there was this black Perdana with an MP crest always double parking beside my car when I sent my daughter to school every morning. He wouldn't even apologise to me. I would have to wait for him to come before I could move my car. And he would give me a dirty look if I grumbled at his blatant rudeness and inconsiderate manner ( well, after March 8 2008, this guy, I am happy to report, does not go to that school in the black Perdana anymore. The MP crest is also gone! For obvious reason). That just about encapsulates the arrogance of UMNO so called leaders. That has to change. The people are tired of it.
    So VERY true!

Re: Haris Ibrahim: The kindest thing to do is to put UMNO to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by racheljansz
    Thanks for the heads up..
    Haris Ibrahim's friend, Art Harun, has profered his thoughts to friends in UMNO as to what it must do to reform- is a very interesting article.
    - http://art-harun.blogspot.com/2008/1...to-change.html
    Liken to Politics/Leadership 101, it would be a good lesson for Pakatan Rakyat representatives to digest and avoid the pitfalls.
    Rachel, corrupt regimes in power cannot reform on their own. It's like asking a 4th stage cancer patient to operate on himself. So far, haven't met one who survived yet. Still looking.

When a horse is too sick to be saved, we put it out of its misery. And we are talking about a very, very sick horse. And an evil one to boot.

PR reps who fall out of line need to be whacked with a 2 by 4. And I can think of 2 in Selangor and 1 in Kedah.
    py

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog