Thursday, 01 August 2013 21:18Plots thickens in banker Najadi's murder: SON THROWS IN A NEW TWIST

Written by Malaysia Chronicle

The only son of banker Hussain Ahmad Najadi murder has thrown a new twist into his father's shock murder.

According to the 45-year-old Pascal, Hussain's murder was premeditated and related to an attempt by a group to demand money from a Goddess of Mercy temple in Lorong Ceylon, Kuala Lumpur.

"My father was a mediator between the two parties. There was no property deal turned sour in my father's murder as our company do not involve in such business," Bernama reported Pascal as saying in a telephone interview from Moscow, where he is currently based.

All eyes on what Chong will reveal

Pascal's revelation throws a question mark on the initial findings by the police that Hussain's murder was linked to a property deal that had gone awry.

It also swivels attention to Hussain's second wife Chong Mei Kuen, who was with him at the time of the killing but was shot in the left wrist and right thigh.

A member of the temple committee, Chong is still recovering in hospital although she had been allowed to attend her husband funeral. Chong has yet to make public her suspicions on her husband's slaying.

The 75-year-old Hussain was gunned down in cold blood on Monday, while his wife sustained injuries after they were both shot from close range at a parking lot after leaving the Kuan Yin Temple.

Refused to allow temple money to be used

Pascal, also a banker, holds dual Swiss and British citizenship. He said during the negotiation at the temple on that fateful Monday his father was adamant not to allow any party to take from the temple's trust fund as it was the temple's money.

Pascal said the temple committee had informed him the suspect had been waiting for his father even before the meeting took place.

Hussain had wanted to champion the temple as Chong was one of the committee members.

"I will not come to Malaysia until the suspect of my father's murder is arrested," said Pascal.

Police had a day ago released photographs of the suspect, whom they said was called Seri Ngan Zai (four-eyed boy) or Ah Chian. Police believe the suspect is still in hiding in the Klang Valley.

They have also detained a 44-year-old taxi driver who had ferried the suspect away from the scene of the murder.
Malaysia Chronicle

Full article:
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter