Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: HOW DID UMNO STAY IN POWER FOR SO LONG?

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: Judiciary an arm of the UMNO War Machine

More confirmation that the Judiciary is just an arm of UMNO's War Machine...

Election Commission gets a stay for the Kota Siputeh by-election
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI: HOW DID UMNO STAY IN POWER - Suspect judgments

More goodies on our judges.

Suspect judgments
    NEWS/COMMENTARIES

Tuesday, 24 November 2009 adminK

It goes to show one thing. We must have incompetent or inexperienced High Court judges because they keep getting overruled by the appellate courts in all cases between Pakatan Rakyat and the ruling federal government, Barisan Nasional. What else can it mean?

THE MALAYSIAN INSIDER
    One wonders about the Malaysian court system and the judgments that are issued and reversed within days.

Today is no exception. The Court of Appeals today unanimously ruled to stay Judge Datuk Alizatul Khair Osman Khairuddin’s decision that the Kota Siputeh seat is vacant. She isn’t the first High Court judge to see a ruling reversed by a higher court. Malaysiatoday....
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: Selangor bans BTN brainwashing

Selangor moves to stop BTN ‘brainwashing’
    By Neville Spykerman

SHAH ALAM, Nov 25 — Selangor moved today to ban its civil servants, employees of state subsidiaries and students at state-owned education institutions from attending any Biro Tata Negara (BTN) courses with immediate effect.

Dr Halimah Ali announced the decision today after the weekly state executive council meeting.

Halimah, a state executive council member whose portfolio includes education, described BTN programmes as “indoctrination by the Barisan Nasional (BN) government”.
    TheMalaysiaInsider....
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: BTN

Know thy enemy.

DPM defends BTN courses against racist brainwashing charges

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 26 — Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin defended the controversial Biro Tata Negara (BTN) courses today as a form of nationalism in line with the 1 Malaysia concept despite growing criticisms of racism and political indoctrination.

The deputy prime minister denied that the courses, which are compulsory for civil servants and public university undergraduates, are aimed at “converting” participants to the political ideology of Umno and Barisan Nasional (BN). TheMalaysiaInsider....
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – BTN - It’s more than just political

Now, this is very important. The Chinese and Indians may control the economy. But the Malays control the military. And in the event the Chinese and Indians need to be put in their place then the Malays would have the means to do so. So it is crucial that the Raja-raja Melayu be retained and defended. That is the last line of defence for the Malays in the event they need to take back the country from the non-Malays.

The Malays are taught this. And it is the job of BTN to educate the Malays about this. Umno’s survival depends on the Malays understanding this, accepting this, and defending this. So BTN is basically Umno’s ‘survival kit’. It ensures that the Malays become very worried about their future and aware of the threat the non-Malays pose to the future of the Malays. And it ensures that the Malays see that only Umno can guarantee the future of the Malays. Without Umno the Malays are dead. And BTN will explain during these courses how and why this is so.

It’s more than just political

NO HOLDS BARRED

Thursday, 26 November 2009 Super Admin

By the time the course ends the Malays would understand that the non-Malays are the enemy and that Umno is the only protection they have against the Chinese, Indians and ‘others’. This is what BTN is all about.

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

BTN courses not politically motivated, says Muhyiddin Malaysiatoday....
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: HOW DID UMNO STAY IN POWER FOR SO LONG?

Malaysiatoday....Dr. Azly Rahman - Ban the BTN!

Malaysiatoday.... This is what BTN is all about

See these video clips. These ‘patriotic songs’ were created by people such as Nordin Kardi of BTN. Note the lyrics that are meant to inflame the Malays at their ‘loss’ of their country to the non-Malays. Any wonder why the Malays hate and distrust the non-Malays after 52 years of indoctrination and brainwashing by Umno?

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: ‘BTN taught me the Chinese are the Jews of

The cancer in our system is UMNO. The solution to our problem then becomes clear - UMNO must go!

The Malaysian Insider
    Friday November 27 2009

‘BTN taught me the Chinese are the Jews of Asia’

By Asrul Hadi Abdullah Sani

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 27 — I am one of the privileged few to have attended a local public university and learned the meaning of hate, thanks to the ever popular Biro Tata Negara.

All undergraduates were forced to attend this programme or else they would not be eligible for graduation.

The BTN under the Prime Minister’s Department brought in “intellectual” speakers who were supposed to enlighten the students about the meaning of being a Malaysian but instead it felt more like a communist propaganda camp brainwashing those attending about the importance of “Ketuanan Melayu”.

The camp would usually take place during the weekends. Students would have to register early in the morning and the programme would last the whole day.

The organisers were always on their guard, asking participants to show their student identification cards each time they entered the hall, fearing the presence of outsiders.

In the hall, students were asked to turn off their mobile phones.

During the lectures, questions were planted among the audience and the students were advised not ask raise any questions.

One speaker began with the history of Malaysia and how much the country had gone through, always emphasising the May 13 riots.

He stressed the point of how much the Malays had sacrificed and how the community should be united especially from outside threat — the Chinese community.

He said that the Chinese community were “the Jews of Asia” and were just itching to take over when Malays were disunited and broken. TheMalaysiaInsider....
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – 'BTN promotes unity? My foot'

'BTN promotes unity? My foot'

http://malaysiakini.com/news/118475

'I have attended this BTN course. It is a brainwashing session where they tell us that our country will be destroyed if we don't support BN. Learning about '1Malaysia', nationalism and unity'? My foot.'

No brainwashing in BTN courses, says Muhyiddin.
    Ministers defend 'racist' BTN courses

Gblk7277: I have attended this BTN course. Yes, it is a brainwashing session where they were telling us that the other races must get a lesser amount of 'durian' because we are the 'pendatang' and we had agreed to accept a lesser amount.

Therefore we could not question anything, just shut up and eat the 'durian' you get or go back to China or India. It's very much politically biased and they were showing recordings of the Bersih and Hindraf rallies saying chaos will take place if we don't support BN.

And that our country will be destroyed. 'Learning about 1Malaysia, about nationalism and unity'? My foot.

Camverra Jose Maliamauv: In the year 2000, during my first year at Universiti Teknologi Petronas, I was one of those selected to attend the Kem Bina Negara. We were sent to an army camp in Kedah.

Out of all the lectures and physical activities etc, I will always remember two main things. The first was a lecture and discussion during which the instructor concluded at the end that non- Malays should not question the special rights and privileges of the Malays and that we should just work harder to move up.

And secondly, during another lecture, one of the 'threats to national security' that were highlighted was 'parti politik baru' (a coincidence that this was the year after 1999?).

Jawahar Hassan: Everybody who attend BTN camps knew the exact nature of the BTN courses during which you are required to surrender all the handphones and recording devices to the person in charge. What's the reason behind this? Why such a rule? Is there anything to hide?

SameSame: Well, well, now our deputy prime minister is lying! Can he proof what he is saying is correct? You know what amazes me is that they still think we are like them - so gullible and stupid.

Well, our unwanted DPM, its obvious we are not stupid and we are not gullible. It's better you keep quiet instead of shooting yourself in your own foot (BN people love doing that it seems). '1Malaysia', my foot.

Chee Hoe Siew: Firstly, is there a law stating that civil servants and other public sector staff must attend these BTN camps? If not, then there is no need to even attend such propaganda camps.

Eagle: Publish the contents of the BTN course and let us decide whether it is a racial hatred and incitement programme. And stop telling us what is good for us, the rakyat. We can decide for ourselves and we can also decide on your future too when the time comes.

Lusiapa: Will past participants of such BTN courses step forward and give their testimony without fear or favour?

Is the Selangor education, higher education and human capital development committee chairperson giving an honest assessment of the situation or is the DPM denying something which is unbelievably true?

Obviously, one of them is not telling the truth. It is time that the liar be publicly exposed and condemned.

Giri: My blood is boiling. God, how can they lie like this?

Tkc: Mr Deputy PM, instead of 'he say, I say', I suggest you publish the text of the BTN courses on the Internet so that we can judge for ourselves. Oh, and please do not tell us it is classified under the OSA.

S'gor rejects 'racist, indoctrinating' BTN

Azmil Tayeb: Bravo Selangor government for taking this progressive step. BTN is simply an organ of hate and shouldn't even be allowed to exist in the first place. True inculcation of citizenship values doesn't come from forced indoctrination, much less one that is racist in nature.

KLeo: I testify to BN's dirty indoctrination at BTN camps. Mine was in 2005 just after I left school. Words in the many 'ceramah' included 'Ketuanan Melayu' and 'pendatang'. I remember being so angry with the camp facilitators that I almost argued with one of them in one of the discussion groups.

I don't know if this is true camp-wide, but I do know that my fellow course mates that went with me - both Malay and non-Malay - were equally disgusted with the camp officials.

P Dev Anand Pillai: Syabas, Selangor government you have walked the talk. Keep up the good work and the people will be with you in the next general election. It is good to see that we have some brave Malay leaders who are bold enough to set the country on the path to greater unity as Malaysians first. Syabas again.

Lim Chong Leong: The Pakatan Rakyat states should introduce anti-racism, equality and meritocracy programmes to build up our youngsters towards a global mentality to prepare them for a brighter, more competitive future. We urgently need to neutralise the negative impact of the BTN.
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – BTN: Admit what happens in BTN camps, do not hide

Admit what happens in BTN camps, do not hide

Anne Mathews, Nov 26, 09

I refer to the Malaysiakini report No brainwashing in BTN courses, says Muhyiddin.

What the deputy premier talks about the Biro Tata Negara is just lies and rubbish. The truth that happens in this so-called '1Malaysia' is that the BTN is merely just a avenue to sow discord which brings disunity among the various races.

This matter has been brought out in the media many times but nothing has been done. The BTN basically causes disunity among the youth of the various races.

Muhyiddin Yasin, please do admit what happens in BTN and do not hide it. My son a doctor, went for a BTN course in Pontian, conducted in an SME centre.

It was a great pain and trauma for him to undergo this programme. Professionals need to attend this course as a compulsory service but it is a waste of public funds just to go for this brainwashing and hatred-inducting course.

One of the staff told him that he was told to conduct the course in this manner. They followed orders only.

But now I am happily working in Australia after my resignation immediately. I told the truth about this situation to the Australians and they were shocked.

So to know the truth about what is taught or conducted in BTN camps, please do go down to the grassroots and personally interview the participants who attended these so-called BTN '1Malaysia' camps .

Please, Muhyiddin Yasin come to a conclusion to accept the lies you are spreading.
    py

Re: THE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: BTN - PR upping the pressure

PKR to dissect BTN with aid of insiders
    By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 27 – The Barisan Nasional-led federal government may face a tough time defending its Biro Tata Negara (BTN) programmes when PKR initiates a nation-wide tour together with ex-BTN officials to prove its allegations that the programmes are used to “indoctrinate” civil servants and students with racist propaganda.

The leading component party in the Pakatan Rakyat bloc will start the project in January, with a pilot programme to be held in KL first before it goes on the road.

The initiative was revealed by Batu Cave PKR assemblyman Amirudin Shari, the prime mover behind the Selangor government’s effort to prohibit its civil servants and students in the state from attending any BTN programmes.

Amirudin told The Malaysian Insider that testimonials from ex-BTN officials, students and civil servants who have participated in the programmes will be shared in the forums and used as evidence that BTN is indeed used to “brainwash” its participants.

“All this while, the BN-led federal government has denied it and said that there is no evidence to show that they are doing it, so now we will go on to show that we do have evidence,” said Amirudin.

The ex-officials will also share with forum participants details of the modules used by BTN.

BTN courses have been running for years, and are intended to “instil nationalistic values and patriotism”, but are now seen as more of a propaganda unit for the ruling coalition.

The courses are for university students on public scholarships and civil servants.

BTN is controlled by the Prime Minister’s Department.

On Wednesday, Selangor executive councillor for education Dr Halimah Ali issued a blanket ban on BTN courses for state civil servants, employees at state subsidiaries and students at state-owned educational institutions.

Yesterday, Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin defended BTN courses as a form of nationalism in line with the 1 Malaysia concept and denied the programmes were aimed at “converting” participants to the political ideology of Umno and BN. TheMalaysiaInsider....

TheMalaysiaInsider. LKS calls for closure of BTN.
    py

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

cbb import and export sdn bhd

Hold on power: How did UMNO remain in power for so long

tables of races languages and food of malaysiachronology of events1994 UMNO tried to topple PBSmalaysian people religionsELECTION COMMISION OF MALAYSIA ER DIAGRAMcontentpekida bintuluTHE RAT RACE PART VI – MALAYSIA: HOW DID UMNO STAY IN POWER FOR SO LONG pdfscheme of religion in malaysiathe rat racestrategies the ruling class use to stay in powermental models used to remember aspects of DAPvi malaysiakelab no strings attachedmalaysia middle classwar in malayarat racegrand design kota mekahumno pyramid of powermalaysia pyramid of powerhistory syarikat jaminan kredit perumahan bhdpowered by myBB minority business grantsmental model university migration certificate
SEO Blog