Good News on Subang Ria Park - a great day for residents of Subang Jaya

To all Friends of Subang Ria park,

Lembaga Rayuan today rejected Sime's appeal on the grounds that it is recreational land and only recreational related buildings can be constructed. The total 72.6 acres is recreational and MPSJ was right in rejecting their application to build executive houses or Sime Darby medical center suites.

The outcome of this appeal is important as it has bearing on how to move forward. I believe the documents that were provided by SJRA lawyer Derek during the Intervention proceeding helped the panel as all the facts were in those documents. Please look our for news of this judgement in the papers over the next few days.

I take this opportunity to thank Tan Sri Khalid, YB Hannah Yeoh, Derek Fernandez, Mdm Theresa Thong, YB Loh Gwo Burne, Dr Loi, Rajiv, Dato Lee Hwa Beng, MSSJ Ydps(Past) and MPSJ legal team Leader Anita for their unwavering support past and present to preserve the park as 1 piece. I would also like to thank the members of the press for their quality articles which truly reflected the facts and feelings of the residents in regards Subang Ria. Lastly to all you who attended public hearing, dialogues etc Thank you. We still have some ways to go and I hope we will have even more residents involved in the endeavor.

Warmest Regards
AS Gill
+60(12)3112091